Sunday, June 13, 2010

Getting Involved and The Tea Party

I had often myself in the past talked a lot of politics with family and friends without getting involved. It seemed that what could I do that would make any difference with the people in power. I watched at first what the tea party was doing, thinking this could just be some kind of trick from the right. I started attending a local tea party here in Mesa and found that I wasn't alone in my frustrations with all politicians. They have the core values of America and wish for our leadership in this country to follow the constitution in decision making. I know that most main stream media associates us with the far right and republicans so they can try to keep people away. We of the tea parties around America have been called racist, violent, extremists and people who wish to destroy the government. They couldn't be any more wrong if they tried, We stand for values that most on the left abandoned along time ago.

I have gotten to hear nearly most of the candidates running for both state and federal offices from my district. I'm much better informed about these candidates than people who only watch tv ads and read newspapers along with websites. The interesting part is my federal congressman Jeff Flake and senator John McCain have refused many invites to speak at our tea party. I take those things personally and will refuse to vote for either, even in the general. They don't deserve my vote.


Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Post a Comment